Smokey eye is a trend that will never go out of style, but perfecting the look is key! Check out this simple 7-step guide to creating the ideal Smokey eye.
1. Select your shades of choice.
You will need three different shades of one color: A light shade, a medium shade, and a dark shade.
2. Apply the lightest shade to your brow bone and to the inner corners of your eye.
Sweep directly under your eyebrows and dab the inside corner of your upper and lower eyelids to highlight these areas.
3. Apply the medium shade all over your eyelid palette.
Dust the medium shade across your entire lid up to your natural crease line. Do not reach the highlighter underneath your brows.
4. Apply the darkest shade to the outer corners of your eyelids and crease.
Start at the outer upper edges of your eyelids and sweep your brush in a ‘C’ or ‘<’ shape. Be careful not to apply the dark shadow too far in, it should extend about halfway across your lid.
5. Line the bottom of your lower lid with your darkest shade.
To balance the dark hues of your upper lid and to increase the appearance of your eye size, this is a great move. Line your lower lash line with a thin dark layer starting from the outside stopping about halfway to your inner eye.
6. Blend your shades.
Use a fluffy and clean eyeshadow brush to get rid of any harsh lines.
7. Add eyeliner and mascara.
A black cat-eye liner will draw the most attention to your smokey eye, and mascara will tie the entire look together.